Friday, May 2, 2014

Sean Bostrom
Period F
May 2, 2014
Album Review


THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT: THE WHO

The album I chose to do my review on is The Who's The Kids Are Alright album. For those who are not familiar with this band here are some facts to understand them more. The members of the band are Roger Daltrey, guitarist Pete Townshend, bassist John Entwistle and drummer Keith Moon. They were an English rock band formed in 1964. I chose this album because songs that consist on the album is the first time I listened to The Who. My favorite song on the album is my favorite song by The Who and that is “Baba O'Riley”. This song is so upbeat and builds to the point where you just want to dance until it is over. Another song on this album that contributed into putting this band on the map is “My Generation”. This song was directed towards teens since it was written during the baby boomers time. Just like “Baba O'Riley” and many of the who songs, “My Generation” has a fast paced beat but also deep lyrics if you stop and actually listen to the song for what it is. On a scale from one to ten in my honest opinion I would give this album a solid nine due to the fact that majority of the songs people can relate to and they are just fun dancing songs. Music today should be just as it was during The Who's time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment